Working at UVWS
The Upper Valley is a vibrant community bordering the Connecticut River, nestled between the Green Mountains of Vermont and the White Mountains of New Hampshire. The award-winning Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center is a major employer. Dartmouth College and numerous local organizations provide a rich variety of arts, lectures and workshops, many of which employ the talents of local community members. There are well established, cooperative food markets, farmer’s markets, local organic bakeries and farms. This cultural richness, combined with the rural setting, make the Upper Valley a unique and bountiful place. The quiet beauty of the natural environment offers contemplative pastimes and a full range of outdoor recreation. World-class ski areas, plus extensive cross country ski trail systems, the Appalachian Trail and extensive backcountry hut systems make this a paradise for the skiing and hiking enthusiast. Balancing this, we are just two hours from Boston, four from Montreal and five from New York City.
Our teachers represent a rich spectrum of life experiences along with their strength as Waldorf educators. There are five other Waldorf schools within two hours drive, as well as the New England Waldorf Teachers Training Program at Antioch University in Keene, NH, and the Rudolf Steiner Institute in Easton, MA, all of which provide ample opportunity for continuing education, conferences and cultural events.
The parent body is supportive, well informed and involved. Our Board is strong and enjoys a supportive, collaborative relationship with the Faculty. We have a developed administrative function with an Administrative Director, Admissions Director, Development Director, Finance Director, Office Manager and Facilities Manager. Our School has a strong culture of community spirit and collaboration.
- Interim Finance & Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- Interim Lead Grade Three Teacher
- Extended Day Program Teacher - Early Childhood
- Lead Teacher - Parent Child Program
- After school Program Coordinator/Teacher
This a salaried part time position, which begins with the 2014-2015 school year.
The Grades After school Program Teacher will be responsible for guiding and supporting social interactions between and among children, as well as supporting class teachers’ expectations for behavior. The program will offer activities such as mixed-age games, arts, crafts, homework club, outdoor exploration, and cooking.
Interested applicants must meet the following qualifications:
|· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification
· Teaching experience, preferably in a Waldorf setting
· Must pass a criminal history check
· Current CPR/First Aid Certification
· A love of children and enthusiasm and energy for child learning
· Model appropriate behavior and be worthy of imitation
· Ability to cooperate and work with colleagues
To apply please send a cover letter, current resume and contact information for 3 professional references who can speak to your work with children.
- Substitute Teachers - UVWS is always happy to know of qualified teachers interested in being on our substitute teacher list. Please contact us if you are interested!
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please either:
- Call Human Resources at (802) 296-2496 ext 15, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, OR
- Send a letter of interest, personal biography, resume and contact information for three professional references to:
Governance Council: Hiring
Upper Valley Waldorf School
P.O. Box 709
Quechee, VT 05059