Welcome to the Upper Valley Waldorf School!
The admissions process is meant to give parents as much information as they need in order to make an informed decision about enrolling at UVWS. We welcome every opportunity to talk with prospective parents to answer questions and share our passion for our school. So please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
The most complete expression of our unique blend of traditional academics and the arts is found in the Waldorf classroom and its surroundings. We invite you to visit us and experience firsthand the beauty and simplicity of the environment that we have created to foster learning and growth.
I look forward to meeting you and your child during the admissions process.
- We accept applications and admit students throughout the year, space permitting.
- Subject to the availability of funds, mid-year applications for financial aid will also be considered.
- Students enrolling in preschool typically turn 3-years old prior to September 1. Younger children may be considered, but all Nursery children must be toliet-trained.
- In order to be eligible for first grade, children must turn 6-years old by June 1 before the September in which they begin. Each child is assessed for readiness.
- When a student transfers from another school, class placement depends on the academic, developmental and social progress of the child.
- Our school is designed to meet the needs of children with an average range of developmental abilities, but we do not serve children with significant special needs.
- We seek to develop a culturally and economically diverse student body and welcome students of any race, religion, gender or ethnic/national origin.